Monday, January 20, 2014

"Family" Layout with Guest Designer,Laura Gilhuly

Hi everyone!  I was super excited to be asked to guest design for something tattered!  I love the images and was very excited to receive so many yummy stamps!

I decided to do a resist technique using the stamps and some sprays and gelatos!  I distressed the edges of my papers then using a brayer I applied a bit of gesso just to prime.

  I then stamped the images using an embossing pad, applied clear embossing powder then heat set the images till they were shiny! 

 I used my gelatos and sprayed with a bit of water, then added some of my mists! allowing the colors to combine.  I wiped off the mists on the image then dried the papers.  I then added my layers of papers and embellishments.....

I loved the stamps so much I wanted to use them again so I took my wood title and wings and followed the same steps as I did with the paper! 

The stamps I used were: Ou La La Chandelier stamp, February Stamp set, & Thank you Filigree stamp set.

Thanks so much for asking me to Guest Design this month!

1 comment:

butterfly said...

What a beautiful layout... love the elegant texture and detailing that the stamps add.
Alison x

01 09 10